About Me

My photo
I am a special education teacher in England, working in a mainstream academy with a centre for children with learning difficulties. I teach a class of 7 students of secondary age with profound and multiple learning difficulties. These include autism, visual impairment and sensory integration disorder. I love love love my job. It inspires ,enthuses .and lifts me and I never intend to retire. :)

Wednesday 9 December 2009

Why Blog? Zat is Ze Qwestion

The above quote by Jeremy Wright is asked in "a beginners guide to blogging " and gives the following answers
1to know more people
2to never forget a thought again
3to improve on your thoughts with little or no effort
4getting to know people in a shallow way and then deepening the relationship .
I can see the benefits of all these , particularly the improvement idea. Its a way of being creative for a relatively uncreative person [ or a person who has as yet undiscovered creative potential!]The people who will probably to read a blog by me are likely to be my friends already , I don't expect a whole new section of the Internet society to come on board so I would rule out the shallow idea , but it may lead people to know me in a deeper way . Other reasons that are more personal are that a friend once told me it was theraputic , and at thisparticularly dark and difficult in my life I'll take any form of therapy I can get!:) Also I often find something that I want to discuss or share with others , ie a funny story or a snippit of news or information that makes me giggle or brings out strong feelings in me . Rather than ringing up several friends , a blog seems a better forum for dicussion and sharing . And last but not least , when surrounded by housework that needs doing , writing my blog is another good excuse to put it of til tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment